Sonshine Ranch

With the opening of the new Ranch buildings I've been thinking. What is Sonshine Ranch to me??
I started going to Sonshine Ranch 3 years ago but didn't get really involved till mid 2011. I guess that I loved the surrounding but it had no real spiritual meaning.

More recently however it has become a major part of who I am. I have said many times that "if it wasn't for Sonshine Ranch I dont know where I would be." That is so true. Its a place where I can feel at home. Its a place where no matter what I have been through I can go there and be accepted.

As some of you know I dont really get along with the people at my school very much. So going out to The Ranch every Friday is like an R and R session for me. It gives me time to relax and think about everything and anything. I guess what helps me is riding, it makes me feel so free. Knowing that I can go anywhere and do anything on horse back makes me smile.

Ranch camps are some of the best times of my year. It gets me away from normal life and gives me 4 days of relaxing, rehab and fellowship with people who are just like me.

I have seen so many people changed by Sonshine Ranch, Hans and Margret and the whole team out there. They have all made such an influence in my life and in so many other youth's.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Safe

Your phrase!

Trust